It can be seen in the section from 1883 that the brewing tower was originally open containing no floors within the space. It is likely that the floors were added to this space by the James Brother’s. This split the brewing tower into five levels – basement to third floor. As this was done after the actual building was constructed, this has resulted in windows being at all different levels, some low down and some high up.
(Low level window)